Do you ever find yourself longing for some time for yourself? Many of us are so busy with work, school, and home life that often there is no time left over to do something that you enjoy. Try some of these ways to carve out that essential time you need to slow down, enjoy life, and rejuvenate yourself.
Scheduling that Time
1. An Evening Just For You. Try to save certain weeknights just for you. Use the time for gardening, reading, exercise, meditating, or the ultimate luxury of doing nothing!
2. A Regular Treat. Schedule a treat for yourself. It could be on your lunch break, a weekend, or it could be leaving work early. Maybe you get a spa treatment, go see a movie, a haircut, play golf, a healing reiki session, yoga, reflexology, or anything you’ve been thinking about but may not have the time to do.
3. Go to an Event. Sports, theater, concerts, or any other event you would enjoy. While you're there, put the phone away and be in the moment!
4. Leave Work on Time. Yes, many of us stay at work late on a regular basis. If this is you, make it a point to leave work exactly on time at least once a week, if not more. And then enjoy that time and leave work at work.
5. Join a Group. Singing group, gardening group, astronomy society, book club, quilting (or any other craft) circle, biking/walking/running/etc clubs, ski club, etc. Look up a club in your area today and join! If you can’t find a club, consider starting one yourself.
6. Take a Class. Take a fun class. Learn a foreign language, photography, art, creative writing, or sports (kayaking, archery, golf, yoga).
7. Exercise. For busy people it can be difficult to make time for this. All you have to do is decide today and then make it a reality tomorrow. A new habit is started with just one step. Take that first step tomorrow. Walk for 15 minutes in the morning and build on that daily.